VISCONTI QWERTY FOUNTAIN PEN – MEDIUM
This limited edition collection pays tribute to the world’s most famous keyboard, a timeless instrument born in 1864 with typewriters. The Qwerty collection was inspired by the alphanumeric keyboard patented in 1864 by Christopher Sholes. This writing instrument is a tribute to a timeless system, born with typewriters but still present in our daily lives. Over time, many attempts have been made to introduce different keyboards, but the Qwerty keyboard has managed to make its way around the world and become the established system for typists. This functionality is as close to vintage as it is to technology, making it truly timeless. The Qwerty fountain pen is a limited edition of 388 pieces. It is equipped with a Power Filler Double reservoir and AU18kt (big) Ruthenium nib. It is made with special production techniques for a Black Acrylic resin oversize body and Aged silver parts. Closure cap using “safe hook lock” (bayonet closure). The packaging has a unique design inspired by early Remington typewriters and contains two glass inkwells, one with red ink and one with black ink.
Filling System: “Power Filler Double Reservoir”
This system offers long writing times and protection against accidental ink leakage thanks to the two separate reservoirs.
Filling from the inkwell:
• Unscrew the blind cap from the rear of the cylinder (Fig.1).
• Pull the plunger all the way out (be careful because if the pen is full of ink, the ink may come out of the pen) and immerse the part in the ink until the part is covered.
• Push the piston down with one stroke. Count to five to fill the pen (Fig.2).
• Remove the pen from the ink and tighten the dummy cap with the tip pointing downwards (Fig.3).
• Remove the excess ink from the tip with tissue paper.
• The pen is ready to use with both reservoirs filled.
Filling the small reservoir
• Using the small tank, it empties (Fig.4).
• Unscrew the dummy cap without removing the plunger with the tip pointing downwards (Fig.5)
• Now, turn the tip downwards so that the ink flows from the large reservoir to the small reservoir (Fig.6).
• Screw on the blind cap.
• The pen is ready for use again.
Find a lower price within 24 hours in Europe, of buying we'll refund you 100% of the difference.